I know that many of my constituents are impacted by the cost of living, and I have continued to receive emails expressing their concerns. As Autumn and Winter approaches, I understand many will be seeking practical advice and support.
Several external factors have driven high energy costs, such as the inability of supply to keep up with demand and the Russian invasion of Ukraine. This has been particularly acute when it comes to the price of wholesale gas.
I have made my ministerial colleagues aware of my constituents’ concerns, and I welcome the range of measures put in place by the Government to ease the burden on households and the additional support that has been made available.
- The Energy Price Guarantee which places a limit on the price households pay per unit of gas and electricity
- The Energy Bills Support Scheme to help with the rising cost of energy bills
- The Cost of Living Payment for those on means-tested benefits
- The Pensioner Cost of Living Payment for those in receipt of the Winter Fuel Payment
- The Disability Cost of Living Payment to help with a wide range of additional costs for those with a disability
- The Council Tax Rebate if you live in Council Tax bands A-D
- The Household Support Fund which allocates extra funding to local authorities to provide targeted support
However, I know more help is needed. Please know you are not alone during this time, and there are a range of national and local schemes that can assist you.
The Government has launched its Help for Households campaign, which will show you what support you are entitled to. This includes additional support for household costs, income, childcare, transport, and finding work.
Furthermore, the local authorities in my constituency also run comprehensive cost of living support pages which can be accessed below:
- Warwickshire County Council
- Warwick District Council
- Stratford-on-Avon District Council
- Rugby Borough Council
You can receive impartial support through organisations such as Citizens Advice and MoneyHelper. In addition, the National Debtline has launched its own Cost of Living Hub to provide advice on managing debt in the present circumstances.
I will be updating my website to give constituents a means to access the advice they may need. However, for any further queries, you can continue to contact me at email@example.com.
Updated July 2023