Jeremy Wright MP is seeking a Part Time Caseworker, based in his fully accessible constituency office in Kenilworth. This is a permanent position.
The role is half time – 18.75 hours per week (37.5 FTE) worked across core hours on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Given that we are a small team, the ideal candidate will have the flexibility to cover for colleagues on other days as necessary and by prior agreement.
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 (FTE, pro-rata)
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases and ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
- Assist with MP surgeries and meetings and follow up as appropriate.
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email or face to face.
- General administrative support and assistance with project work as required.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with data protection legislation.
Key essential criteria:
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively with a wide range of people.
- A willingness to help constituents in a confident, friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a heavy workload whilst working calmly under pressure.
- The ability to prioritise and complete tasks efficiently and effectively and work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and IT Skills (Microsoft Office and Teams).
- Knowledge of case management and handling information in line with data protection regulations, although training will be provided.
- Knowledge of current local issues which may be of concern to constituents.
- The candidate will be expected to work in line with our values and treat colleagues and constituents with dignity and respect.
You can access the Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification below or you can telephone 0207 219 2008 if alternative access is needed.
Interviews will take place on Friday 16th July. They will include a Panel Interview (virtually via video link) and a computer-based written exercise.
Closing date: Wednesday 7th July 2021. Please email completed Application Forms and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: 2nd September 2021
Please note that security checks will need to be carried out in accordance with House of Commons guidance prior to an offer of employment being made.